Sunday 19 June 2011

Friday 17 June

I drove mum down to Kent today and whilst the journey down was good, the trip home was marred by heavy rain. The heavens have certainly opened now and the drought seems to be at an end. Back home, I waited for Sophie to come home from school (with Mikey - he had a day at her school today to learn about scientific things) and then I took her into work before going to the bank. As it's Fathers Day on Sunday I then drove to Booker and bought a case of beer for Keith as a present from the children.

No sooner had I got home before it was time to take Keith to the pub and then go and pick up Sophie from work. It was a real relief to get home, sort the dinner out and put a bottle of white wine in the fridge to drink later. I definitely think I deserved it!

No comments: