Thursday 2 June 2011

First Day of Summer

Wednesday was a lovely day - and that's not something I say very often when I've been into work! Mum and I managed to have lunch out and go shopping for shoes as we weren't that busy at work, a lovely perk of the job, I have to admit!

When I got home we all went out for a walk which was bliss and was definitely the highlight of my day. Having the children with us was lovely and we rambled over the fields enjoying the late afternoon sunshine and the heavenly peace and quiet. It's times like this that I really appreciate how lucky I am living in the country and having access to such beautiful scenery. I took several photos on my phone and once I manage to get them uploaded onto the computer I'll post them on here.

Back home, to finish off the evening, Keith and I played cards in the conservatory but no drinkies for me, though...I'm trying to lose some weight so am cutting out alcohol during the week. I'm hoping it'll be worth it!

No comments: