Thursday 17 February 2011

Wednesday 16 February

I had two pieces of good news today. Firstly, at long long last, we signed our new lease at work, almost a year late! As you can imagine that was a relief and we can now move forward and try and complete the rest of the refurbishments we have planned. How I'd love to win some money and buy the building rather than rent it!

Secondly, the death certificate of my great great Grandmother arrived and although at first it didn't seem to give me any more clues, after a little digging, I managed to find out where she was living in 1911 because her married daughter had registered her death. I simply looked up her name in the 1911 census and found members of the family, plus assorted lodgers, living in a cottage in Stone, near Dartford. There were 12 of them in total so it must have been a crush! It was here that she died 8 years later. I still don't have her birth certificate and I can't find out where she is buried, but I'm a little further forward in finding out more about her, which is great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news on the lease Jane, finally :-)
sws

Janie said...

It is good news! Thanks, sws!