Saturday 26 February 2011

Domestic bliss!

I wish I could say I did something really exciting today, but I can't. After a lie-in, which was lovely, I was forced into doing some domestic chores that couldn't be ignored, such as changing our bedding and cleaning the nasty cupboard under the stairs where our waste bin lives. The children are put in charge of washing up and stacking the dishwasher and their aim when they scrape the plates is not always spot on, as I found out this morning. I have an almost obsessional thing about the kitchen being clean and tidy and I was disgusted with the state of this cupboard, so everything came out and about a million pairs of shoes taken upstairs (most of them belonging to Sophie). I'm sure there was something living in the bottom of the bin so that was subjected to a gallon of hot water to kill off any nasty bugs that were lurking about...

Sophie, bless her, was working for us today so I dropped her off at work at midday (in my scruffs I have to add, so I didn't dare go inside in case I frightened the customers) and then went back home to continue the blitz on the house. Tomorrow I'm off to Kent with mum to hang around some more graveyards so I'll have no time to do anything in the house - Keith will just have to carry on where I left off...! Haha!

No comments: