Sunday 13 February 2011

Moochin' about...

After a very relaxing morning spent doing very little, I ventured out into the wind and rain in the afternoon with mum and Soph to an Antiques Fair in the village of Cogenhoe (nobody did tell me how they would pronounce it). It was a bit of a sad affair with not much to look at, but when we did, we were pounced on by the vendors with offers of lower prices. I know they want to sell their tat (sorry..valuable antiques) but I do prefer to browse in peace without someone hovering over me and trying to induce me to buy something I happened to glance at for two seconds...

Luckily it only cost us £1.50 to get into the fair as we were all antiqued out within 15 minutes and driving towards Northampton where we had a lovely coffee and biscuits in the big BHS furniture store. I managed to avoid buying a beautiful cabinet for the living room and we went off to Home Sense which was stuffed full of more tat, but this time at huge prices. The last time we went in, during the summer, there were loads of reasonably priced pictures and different things for the home, but today nothing caught our eyes.

The weather had turned worse by the time we left so we called into mum and dad's for a quick drink and then it was home and a glass of wine. I decided, in a moment of madness, to contact some friends on Facebook who live on the estate, to organise a Royal Wedding Street Party in April...am I mad?!

No comments: