Friday 25 February 2011

Technology and me do not mix...

I have a cold and I'm not happy. I really don't need the nasty sniffles this week!

At the moment, technology and me are not getting on. Sophie's laptop refused to turn on the other day so it had to be returned to the repair shop. This time, however, it can't be fixed (or so they say). The motherboard is dead. So on Thursday I was fuming about the amount of money I'd wasted on trying to get it going again - £90 for the previous repair, £20 for a download so that Sophie could transfer her music and photos back onto it, £14 for a memory stick so she could save all her stuff (useless now as it's all gone again) and £14 for a new lead as I thought that was the problem. I'm not accepting that it's dead, though, and I'm going to contact Hewlett Packard to say that it really should have lasted more than a year and I want them to repair it, even though it's out of warranty. I'm prepared for a fight!

On Wednesday night I wasted a precious hour of my life trying to download a file so that I could transfer photos from my mobile phone to the home computer. Somehow I managed to transfer the pics of the barn fire to my laptop, but after that it refused to work again so I tried the home computer. After downloading the file it said it was unable to read something or other, resulting in more frustration! Maybe I should just chuck all our computers, phones, laptops and ipods into the bin and vow never to use them again...or maybe not! Grrrr! Why do we rely on these things so much!

No comments: