Tuesday 1 February 2011

Evening stroll

After a busy day at work, I managed to leave at 4pm and get home in time for a walk. Keith and I left the children at home and walked into the village, just as the sun was setting. It was a beautiful evening, the sky a cloudless blue tinged with pink from the sunset. It was also cold! I laughed at Keith who emerged from the house with a thick coat, hat and gloves while I just had a jumper and jeans on, but he had the last laugh as without the small amount of heat from the sun, the temperature dropped rapidly!

We did a different circuit in the village and I peeped into people's houses as we walked past - a naughty habit, but I can't resist looking into a room and catching a glimpse of other people's lives. We gazed out over the fields and I told Keith of my plan to cycle into work in the summer months. I wouldn't dream of doing it in the winter when it's dark and cold, but I quite fancy trying it during the sunny summer mornings and it will save me a fortune in diesel costs and enable me to lose some weight and get fit. It's about seven miles and the only drawback is a huge steep hill which I would have to tackle on the way home, but I'm determined to try.

Back home we relaxed with a game of cards and a delicious dinner!

No comments: