Tuesday 8 February 2011

A mad day!

Today has been hectic! Polly, our Receptionist, has been working all weekend so has had today off, which leaves the three of us to try and do our normal jobs as well as all the things she does! As well as running around like headless chickens, we've had the workmen in installing the heaters, and of course, it was a very cold start to the morning with the temperature at just below freezing when I drove into work.

Luckily, by mid-morning the heaters were working and I was given the task of altering the timings so that they would come on and go off automatically...I think I've sorted it! It's been a beautiful day today, and after the cold start it's become very Spring-like, but I'm not fooled! I think this time last year we had some snow so I'm not becoming complacent yet in thinking that the winter is over.

We've also had lots of people looking at the part of the building we're trying to rent out. It looks like the church that were going to take it have backed out, which is a bit of a blow, but we've had lots of interest so we're hoping that someone will move in and rent the space from us.It would make an ideal venue for self-defence classes or a dance studio and someone must want it!

Earlier in the day I'd phoned Keith to ask if we could go for a walk when I got home but by the time I finished work, my enthusiasm was waning. It was a good job, therefore, that Keith was all ready to go when I walked through the door, so I donned my walking boots, and learning from my lesson of the other day, added a coat, scarf and gloves as the temperature was dropping rapidly. We meandered over the fields, avoiding someone mending a fence as they might have told us off for wandering off the beaten track, and followed our usual path. The sun was just about to set and I took lots of photos. As the sun disappeared, the sky became a glorious blend of blues and pinks and we just stood and gazed at the natural beauty all around us. In the distance the blue of the sky looked like the sea, with the clouds resembling headlands and islands and we fantasised that we were living at the seaside, it looked so real.

By the time we reached the village the sky had deepened into an almost sapphire blue and we walked home enjoying the woodsmoke scents and the sharp cold air. I felt deeply relaxed and happy, knowing that a little tipple awaited us, a treat after our exertions!









No comments: