Thursday 28 September 2023

I call in sick…

I had such a bad night’s sleep last night that I decided to take another day off work and try and rest. I had been awake at 3 am with a pack of peas on my back and shoulder, so I thought it was best not to go to work!

So, all I have done today is watch television and feel guilty about being at home. Sara is off today so I know the emails will be piling up, and there is also so much that needs doing at home. The front garden needs tidying up, the back garden needs a good cut, and then there's the usual housework chores, but Keith has been helping out, and Sophie is doing a lot of cooking. 

She was at Whittlebury Hall today for a work-related event and was exhausted when she arrived home, but she cooked a delicious stir fry for dinner, bless her! She wouldn't even let me wash up!

I am determined to go back tomorrow, though, and will dose myself up with painkillers!


No comments: