Friday 29 September 2023

Champagne and nibbles!

Keith drove me to work this morning,  and I was on my own until Kathy arrived at 9am. There were lots of emails awaiting my attention, and I was glad I didn't have to answer any phone calls today!

We became stuck in a traffic jam on the A43 on the way home, and Keith was in a foul mood as he wanted to get home to watch The Ryder Cup. He kept shouting at the car in front of us who was letting other drivers into the queue! There had been a minor bump between a couple of cars but the queues it created were horrendous!

Sophie and I had our "Special Wine Night" tonight with a bottle of Aldi's finest Champagne and nibbles. We watched a fascinating documentary about Pablo Picasso, which shocked me in some ways... his early art was quite explicit but beautifully painted, and it was obvious he adored the female figure. He didn't treat his women well, though, and both of us found the programme riveting. We had hoped there would be a mention of Dali, but there was nothing, except for one photograph of the Surrealist artists gathered together.

Although we celebrated Friday evening with Champagne, I'm back at work tomorrow and working with Shirley. I'm just glad it's only for five hours! Once that's out of the way I can relax and try and rest my arm which isn't getting any better!

No comments: