Sunday 3 September 2023

A darker shade of brown!

After another early start to the day, Sophie and I went over to Tesco as she needed to get some new knickers, pyjamas and leggings. Our aim was to go in, do what we needed to do and get out! And that's what we did! I bought salad, slices of turkey and bread for lunch, and we headed home.

Sophie had a lot of things to do today, bless her, and spent the afternoon preparing the evening meal, cutting my hair (so relaxing!) and cutting her own hair. I put a colour on my hair as I didn't want to look like a badger on holiday! I'd chosen a light brown dye from L'Oreal, but as I was putting it on, it looked suspiciously dark... It sometimes does look like this until it's rinsed off, so I didn't worry.

However, when I applied the second treatment to the ends it looked very dark indeed! After my shower, and having rinsed it all off, I looked like Morticia from the Addams Family! Even Keith noticed I'd coloured my hair, and he normally never does!

I looked up reviews online and everyone who had used the dye said the same! There must obviously be a problem! Hopefully, it will wash out and maybe the sun will also lighten it as well!

We played Scrabble in the evening and listened to the Spanish Summer playlist. Listening while we're driving is something I'm really looking forward to!

I beat Sophie at Scrabble and she made the dinner - a chicken Paprikash - which was tomatoey and smoky. Lovely!


No comments: