Tuesday 5 September 2023

Season of mists...

The mornings are very misty at the moment, and they clear to beautifully sunny and warm days. It's so ironic that the children are now back at school (when their schools haven't been closed due to faulty concrete!) and the weather has changed!

Talking of the concrete, this is fast becoming a huge problem, and we learnt today that our Derngate theatre has closed, as well as the film house next door. It does make me wonder about our own building at work, as it's 50 years old itself!

I received another flurry of texts from Mike, who said he'd found a car, and quizzed me on my own driving history, no doubt to add me to the insurance for it as an additional driver. I told him to contact Keith at home, as I was at work!

Back home, we transferred some money to Mike for the car, which was half of what we were expecting to give him. He looked a bit morose when we FaceTimed him, as he started to appreciate what it was really like to have your own place, pay bills, buy a car and maintain it! It's no fun being an adult!

Keith's support belt had arrived and he was wearing it, saying he felt more confident with it on. We also, for peace of mind, looked at where the nearest hospital was in Pals and it was a mere twenty minutes drive away, so that was good.

We took advantage of the hot weather to barbecue tonight and enjoyed beefburgers with roasted vegetables. I am looking forward to a day off tomorrow, but the "To Do" list is getting longer and longer!

No comments: