Monday 4 September 2023

Worries, worries, worries!

Keith told me this morning he was going to try and see the doctor about his umbilical hernia which has reappeared again. He had one before, a few years ago, and it was sorted by the surgeon who also mended his hernia after his kidney operation. He was worried about it and wanted peace of mind before we went away.

I thought it was a good idea, but what if the doctor told him not to go? So, this morning, at work, I really wasn't in a good frame of mind. I'd contacted the owner of our Airbnb in Pals yesterday and he hadn't replied, so all sorts of scenarios were bubbling up in my mind! I sometimes wish I didn't have such a vivid imagination!

Keith texted me after he'd seen the GP, who had said she'd put him on the list for surgery, but he was fine to go away as long as he didn't start vomiting. If that happened, no matter where we were, we needed to get to a hospital!

Work was busy, and although I had to answer a few calls, I was able to get on, do the cash-ups for Sheila, the box office returns and answer the emails. On the way home in the car, which was very hot as the temperature was registering 32c, Mike texted me. I knew it was him, as my phone dinged several times as he punched out a load of texts.

When I arrived home and read them, he said he needed a favour: some money from us to buy a car, as he'd been offered a job on the condition he could drive there. He had lost his job at the warehouse a few weeks ago so was actively job-hunting again.

Keith replied and asked how much he needed, but as always, his answer was vague! This was something we really didn't need at the moment! We both agreed on a figure we could give him, knowing, in all probability that we wouldn't see it again!

Keith seemed worried about his hernia, but we ordered a support belt from Amazon which is due to arrive tomorrow. We said that he would have to avoid all lifting or doing anything strenuous and to try not to worry. Easier said than done!

No comments: