Friday 8 September 2023

Making preparations

It's been another hot day and this weather is set to continue into the weekend. Work was fine, but I had to answer a few calls today, in between my usual tasks. I was glad to see the back of the cash-ups!

On the way home, I called into Aldi to buy some pains au chocolat for our breakfast tomorrow as Keith could only find frozen ones in Tesco, and I didn't fancy baking pastries before we left in the morning! When I arrived home, Sophie was already there as she'd left work early. Yipppee!

We busied ourselves by packing, loading up the car and having dinner. Again, it was stiflingly hot and unpleasant having to cart heavy cases and bags downstairs and into the car. There was a moment when I thought we would never get everything in, but we managed and Sophie was a star by managing to fit it all in the boot or on the back seat. Keith questioned whether we were taking too much... yes! But it was great to be able to take my coffee machine and all the items we'd been collecting over the weeks!

As we were so busy with preparations, we didn't have a conventional wine night tonight and we all sat in the kitchen. We did manage a couple of glasses of wine, though, but that was all. We were having an early night and had to be up at 2am!

No comments: