Thursday 7 September 2023

The heat is on!

As usual for a Thursday, I had a busy shift at work, having two days of cash-ups to complete, all the customer service emails and a couple of orders that had come in. 

At 2pm, I sped home to do some household chores and couldn't believe how hot it was. We really didn't need these high temperatures this week when we had so much to do! The sweat was dripping off me, which is never a pleasant feeling! 

I managed to catch up with my blog and do the porridge and the lunches for the last time for a while! Hooray! Dinner was simple tonight - cold meats, salad and new potatoes which was perfect for such a sultry day. There was talk of today being the hottest of the year so far with 32c registered somewhere in the UK. Phew!

We enjoyed a lovely dinner and chatted about our forthcoming trip. It felt like we were on holiday already!


No comments: