Thursday 15 December 2022

Rushing about!

The temperature registered -7.5c on the way to work this morning. I haven't seen that for a long while!

I had to take calls today as Sue was off on annual leave and Vicki was staying at home to look after her baby son who wasn't well. I could only work until 2pm today, though, so Sara had to take over until 4pm.

One of the staff from our soft play centre came in to shadow me today, as part of her progression to being a Duty Manager. We had hardly any phone calls during the shift but she got the general gist of what we do and her job can be pretty similar, anyway. It was nice to chat about Maureen and reminisce about the business!

At 2pm I sped home and collected some washing I'd done for Mum and a box of chocolates for Natalia who does Mum's nails. I then dashed over to the care home and collected Mum, who was wondering where I was. We set off for Northampton, but I knew I was going to be a few minutes late because of the traffic.

Natalie was texting me when we finally arrived at her house, and I dropped Mum off so I could go and get some shopping for her. I was annoyed as most of the stuff she needed we could have bought last Wednesday when we went to Rushden Lakes. I was going to go to the Co-op in Moulton, but realised the time - it was the school run hour and I knew the small car park would be crammed with parents' cars!

I decided to go to Kingsthorpe instead, but the traffic was so bad I turned around and went to Whitehills. I managed to get most of what she wanted, but at inflated prices! I then trundled back to Natalia's house and sat and read my Kindle for the next half hour which gave me a chance to catch up with myself!

Mum and I returned to Kettering in very heavy traffic, and it was dark and horrible. I was very glad when I got home and could relax! Sophie was out at a works Christmas lunch in town but had decided to drive herself as she wanted to go to the gym early tomorrow and not be hungover!

Keith and I had dinner - a very easy pie and mash - and Sophie arrived home at about 8.30pm. She'd won an award and had received an Amazon voucher and an extra day off over Christmas! Woohoo!

No comments: