Sunday 18 December 2022

A mega shop!

Keith, Sophie and I went to Tesco this morning for the annual food bank shop. Sophie had £150 to spend, donated by her colleagues, and Keith and I had chipped in as well. We took a scanner and set off, spending quite a bit on baby food, nappies and toiletries, as well as food essentials. 

As we don't normally scan our shopping, we were subjected to a check when we went to the till. The member of staff had to scan 45 items to make sure we weren't being dishonest! I did explain to him it was all for the local food bank, but rules are rules! We had 151 items in the trolley and had already packed everything into bags, so it took him ages!

The weather today has been horrible with a sleety rain falling, and cold temperatures. The sky was an unrelenting grey. I hate wet Sundays! We returned home and Sophie got ready to go out with her new man, while Keith and I had lunch and pootled about.

Keith, naturally, watched the World Cup final while I soaked in a hot bath. I did watch the end and Argentina winning on penalties, before settling down with a drink and Countryfile, which was coming from our own local Rockingham Castle. Keith cooked a delicious version of Pan Haggerty with minced beef, onions and potatoes and we ate it with lovely crusty bread.

Sophie had been to Olney for a meal and came home at about 8.30pm, having watched the football on her new man's phone in the pub! We watched a Christmas episode of the Vicar of Dibley (my favourite) which was hilarious and always welcome on the television in our house!

No comments: