Saturday 3 December 2022

A busy Saturday.

After our busy week and couple of late nights, it was heaven to have a lie-in this morning and I woke up just before 9am. Sophie was going on a second date with her new beau, and he was picking her up to take her for lunch in Northampton.

I pottered about, changed my bedding and caught up with some jobs that needed doing. We have set aside tomorrow for putting up the Christmas trees so I'm looking forward to that. We always try and do this on the first Sunday of December, and I'm still shocked that it's rolled around so quickly!

At 1pm I went to collect Mum as she had an appointment at Woodlands hospital for an out-patient procedure. I had no idea what it involved and hoped that we wouldn't be there all afternoon! We parked easily (which surprised me) and were early for our appointment, but it was good not to have to panic.

Mum was called through and the procedure explained to me. I went back and sat in the waiting room and within half an hour she was all done. The doctor said she had a bladder infection and prescribed a course of antibiotics, which we were able to get at a pharmacy in Kettering.

I took her back and made sure their carer was aware of the medication. We have agreed to go shopping next Wednesday to Rushden Lakes so she can buy some presents. Dad is being taken out on Monday to do his, bless him!

I returned home and pootled about until Keith came back from seeing Sileby play at 5pm, and Sophie returned from her date at 6pm. It was then time for a drink and Scrabble, and we won a game each.

Keith and I had a light supper of pâté and toast and after we'd eaten, we caught up with the latest episode of The White Lotus. As we'd eaten very little for dinner, we treated ourselves to a slice of cheesecake. More indulgence!

No comments: