Monday 26 December 2022

Boxing Day relaxation.

Today has been very relaxed - a perfect Boxing Day! We had lie-ins and, after a lazy start, we made a list of jobs we had to do and managed to get everything done before lunch. The suitcase is packed, the hand luggage bag is all ready, and we're set to go!

It's been a gorgeous day, which has helped, with cooler temperatures than of late. It was lovely to see people out and about, and although we didn't venture out ourselves, it was lovely to see the blue skies and sunshine. I was going to get my Dad's car washed but I was unsure of what was open today. I really didn't want to drive into Northampton and find the car washes closed for the day!

Sophie chopped up all the leftover vegetables, potatoes, chipolatas, stuffing and Yorkshire puddings while Keith sliced some turkey. There's still about two pounds of meat left, so we froze it to use in a curry when we return. Sophie cooked lunch and it was delicious as always, served with a glass of red wine. I do love the leftovers on Boxing Day! Some of the food went out onto the lawn for the birds and I topped up their feeders. Looking at the weather forecast I think it's going to be mild here so no chance of an icy spell, and I think this goes for Berlin as well. I was hoping for very cold temperatures, and even snow, but I think we can rule that out. Typical, when I bought myself a new winter coat!

Sophie even managed to give my hair a trim and paint my toenails this afternoon so we had a bit of a pamper as well! At 6pm we played Scrabble with a glass of wine and then had some Tiramisu for supper. It was all we wanted after our large lunch!

Tonight is going to be an early one! We have to be up at about 2am! 

No comments: