Monday 19 December 2022

Catching up!

Even though I was on holiday this week, I got up with Sophie to see her off, with the intention of going back to bed. However, when she arrived at the gym she texted me to say that she'd forgotten her trousers! I said we'd bring them down to her to save her from making another journey, so that was the lie in abandoned!

We dropped her trousers off and went home where Keith finished off the shopping list and popped to Tesco. My Mum called me to ask if our shopping trip could be postponed until tomorrow as a party was planned for them this afternoon. I certainly didn't want her to miss that so we agreed to go tomorrow afternoon instead.

While Keith was shopping I changed our bedding and caught up with some jobs that needed doing after our previous hectic week. Fortunately, this week is looking a lot quieter, but we really need to finish the preparations for Christmas and concentrate on our trip to Berlin!

Once Keith had returned, we popped over to Brixworth to send a parcel and then drove into town to the launderette we use for bedding. I wanted to take Sophie's duvet in to be washed, so that was another job taken care of!

I also tried to get my Dad's car washed but finding an automatic carwash is becoming increasingly difficult these days. In the end, I gave up and we went home where I sat and read the newspapers from last week, and then had a soak in the bath.

Dinner this evening was breaded pork with roast potatoes, cauliflower and broccoli cheese, and carrots. There was enough left over for lunch tomorrow! After we'd eaten, Sophie and I went upstairs to see the last-ever episode of Escape to the Chateau. Although I've found it annoyingly too perfect at times, I will miss seeing the family on the television!

No comments: