Friday 9 December 2022

An oven mishap!

Sophie woke me up in the middle of a dream this morning so I felt bleary when I followed her downstairs. And it wasn't even 6am! Ugh! Too early!

Monty hadn't been well for a few days, but this morning he seemed brighter and wanted his breakfast. We think he may have hurt his leg jumping onto the barstool as he was limping a bit the other day, but he looks like he's recovered, thank goodness. He's now closer to 17 years than 16, so an elderly cat!

Work was fine today and passed very quickly as I was busy with orders and the new classes. It was heaven to get out at 4pm (as it always is!) and look forward to the weekend. Sophie is going to London again tomorrow with her new man, and Keith and I indulging in lunch out at the newly-opened Althorp Coaching Inn.

Sophie was supposed to have been having dinner with Laura this evening but her friend wasn't well so it was Wine Night! We drank another Spanish white and naughtily persuaded Keith to order a Chinese takeaway as our planned dinner for tonight did not appeal at all! We were very restrained and just ordered the basics for a change! 

Our film for tonight was Ever After, starring a very youthful Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott. The Chinese arrived at about 7pm so we put the dishes into the oven, and although I knew I shouldn't have done it, we left them in the plastic containers. I thought they would be OK and a different kind of plastic but they started to melt everywhere, causing us utter panic! We managed to get the plastic off the bottom of the oven and decanted the food into proper dishes, so no harm was done, but I could have kicked myself for my stupidity! What a loon I am!

We watched the end of Ever After and then football, watching Argentina beat The Netherlands on penalties. England play France tomorrow evening and I fear they may not have an easy game!

No comments: