Thursday 18 August 2011

Wednesday 17 August

After work we all went for a walk and I took my camera because I could hear the farmers harvesting the wheat in the fields next to our house. There were clouds of dust being thrown up and I did wonder whether we'd be able to take our normal route, but when we arrived at the start of our walk, we could see they hadn't begun yet, although they were harvesting the oats in the bottom field. There was a huge combine harvester type thing and a tractor with two trailers and it was just like he was mowing the field, but on a huge scale! I took a couple of photos which I'll post later.

Back home Keith and I relaxed in the conservatory with a drink. The beautiful blue skies gave way to lumpy grey cloud and there was a distinct chill in the air. It's now dark at 9pm and it's amazing how quickly the nights draw in, seeing as we all went for a walk at this time only a couple of weeks ago.

I enjoyed another episode of Who Do You Think You Are? with J.K.Rowling who became very emotional when she tracked down her relatives, one of whom won a bravery award for fighting in the First World War. It was quite poignant when she went to visit his grave and it was an unmarked, common grave. I know how she felt!





No comments: