Sunday 14 August 2011

A spot of painting!

Keith and I both had an early start this morning, all ready for the painting we'd planned to do. We managed to accomplish most of it by around 2pm but I'd run out of white gloss paint. I'd chosen a Dulux Satinwood paint in Cotton White but when I applied it to a skirting board it resembled coloured water! Keith found me a tin of quick dry gloss in brilliant white in the garage so I used that instead. The fact that it's dry after 30 minutes is wonderful as we don't have to put barriers around doors and scream at the children if they go within touching distance of any painted surfaces!

I had a quick shower and then Keith and I went off to Tesco to buy some beer (he's off the wagon too!) and then we went to B&Q to buy some more paint. I treated myself to a new lampshade and two new shades for our bedside lamps, all in a duck egg blue colour which match the paint and the new curtains. It's all coming together very nicely! My dad is going to help us wallpaper the wall behind our bed next weekend so it will all be finished then and I'm delighted that finally the last room in the house to be decorated has been done!

No comments: