Monday 8 August 2011

Sunday 7 August

Keith and I walked around Pitsford again in the morning, but this time on our own. I must admit to finding it hard to begin with as my right leg ached for some reason and then I caught my arm on a stile, so I was Mrs Grumpy for the first half hour. We went a different way this week, starting the other way around and leaving the shores of the reservoir to walk over the fields so it was a bit more interesting. We had to cross a field of bullocks which was slightly scary but they were all lying down and although they glanced at us with curiosity, they didn't get up and come and investigate which was a huge relief. A man in one of our local villages was trampled a while back by a herd of cows and his dog killed so I'm always a bit worried when we have to cross a field with them!

The second half of the walk was great as my leg stopped aching and it was a beautiful day, with a lovely breeze and the sun shining out of a gorgeous sky, flecked with puffy white clouds. We were home by 11.30am and had a well-earned cup of coffee and some lunch. In the afternoon, Sophie and I went off to Homebase and I was delighted to find an offer on for Dulux paint so I bought the gloss and emulsion for our bedroom and had a tester made up of a darker colour for one of the walls. However, after trying it out it was way too dark and wouldn't have gone with the room, which I'm hoping will be sort of an antique French decor...let's hope so anyway!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janie,we went for a walk over at Pitsford Sunday afternoon and parked on the Causeway,but as we were walking through the car park spotted a sign and meter for parking charges at £2.50 a time.It is alright if you are going to be there all day but we think it is a bit steep if you only want to be there a short time...

Glad you enjoyed your walk though and I love the photo header of the boats..

Wendy

Janie said...

Hi Wendy!

They must have only just introduced the charges as it was always free before... It says the £2.50 is for 12 hours but who parks there for 12 hours??? And the car park was only open from 9.30am until 7.30pm anyway! Grrrrr!

We parked on the causeway ourselves, half way along so it doesn't seem so long at the end of the walk!

Hope you had a good walk and thank you for the comment on the photos...it was taken a couple of years back in Puerto Pollensa, Majorca.

Janie xx