Thursday 25 August 2011

Exam results!

Sophie had to go into school today to pick up some exam results. I wasn't aware of how important they were (probably a good thing!) as the seven she has done so far will count against her final exams next year. She was a bit nervous and I really felt for her as she got back into the car and opened the envelope. She was ecstatic to see that she scored an A* in History, the exam she had to re-sit. Her other marks were also very good, all As and Bs so we were extremely proud of her and what she's acheived so far.

After we picked up the results we drove into town so I could go to the main post office and renew my driving licence photo which expires at the end of September. I had my photo taken, parted with almost £25 for the pleasure (my photo looked awful) and treated the children to a MacDonald's lunch, although we were a bit miffed to find that they weren't doing MacFlurries which is why we'd gone in the first place!

Back home I sorted out our rubbish and put our recycling boxes into the car to take to the tip as we'd left it too late to put them out yesterday and they were overflowing with bottles, paper and cardboard. We drove to the local tip to find them closed so I ended up doing a round trip of 25 miles to the one in Northampton, which sort of beats the idea of saving the earth, but I was desperate to be rid of the rubbish. Taking the stuff to the big containers was a bit hairy as they were open grids and I could see through them to the ground below. I hate to admit I had a bit of a female moment and started shrieking so the staff very kindly took the rest of the stuff from me and emptied it on my behalf!

For dinner tonight we had Chicken Pierrot - a dish inspired by a meal we had in France in 2009 and named after the restaurant that served it. We sliced potatoes, added garlic and some olive oil and placed chicken breasts on top then cooked them in the oven until the potatoes were all crispy and the chicken cooked. Delicious with garden peas, carrots and a glass of very good red!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you are having a great staycation Jane....photos are lovely. Kids looking gorgeous, LOVE Sophie's hair colour....would love to know what she uses.
Many congratulations to Sophie on her exam results...Very Well Done.

Favie

Janie said...

Many thanks, Favie! She put a colour on about 2 months ago...one that washes out in 6 weeks as I wouldn't let her use a permanent at her age. I think most of it has washed out now, although there's still a bit of red left!