Saturday 27 August 2011

Friday 26 August - yet more decorating!

Yesterday we started on our dining room/study that was probably the most neglected room of the house. I was disgusted with my house cleaning skills when we pulled out the cabinet that stands against the wall - there were papers behind it, old envelopes and a lot of dust! I spent the first half of the day giving the room a really good clean, took down the curtains to wash (and nearly died of shame as to how dirty they were) and then I started to emulsion the walls. I didn't realise that the paint we had was Matt, so when I went to pick Sophie up from work (she'd been called in, poor thing, because of the heavy rain) I called into Homebase to buy some silk emulsion and some more quick drying gloss for the skirting boards and doors.

We moved everything into the conservatory and the downstairs of the house was in uproar with all the mess. The children couldn't believe what a state it was in but I was hoping to get the furniture moved back before the evening as our dinner table was covered with glasses and crockery from inside the cabinet. Unfortunately, when Keith started to apply the emulsion paint it was pretty obvious we were going to need another coat of paint on top as it wasn't covering the pale pink underneath. I moved everything onto the floor so we could eat dinner at the table and just hoped that by Saturday evening everything would be back to normal!

No comments: