Friday 5 August 2011

Thursday 4 August

Thursday was not a pleasant day and the early finishes I'd had all week came back to bite me! It was dull and cloudy when I went to work and then it started raining, and it didn't stop all day. Mum and I had to go to the Wholesaler to get a heavy load of drinks and I ended up loading the car in the pouring rain. Lovely!

When we got back to work we were manic and Sophie came in to help while mum, dad and me cleared tables and washed up. I think everyone who came in spilled something as the floor was awash with squash, melted ice-cream and a little girl had a wee accident in the toilets...! As well as all this, the drain in our kitchen overflowed as the rain was coming down so hard and it's lucky we have a machine to suck all the water up otherwise we'd have been wading in it! I was at work with Soph until 6pm and as soon as I got home I went straight into the bath while all my sweaty work clothes went straight into the laundry bin!

No comments: