Sunday 17 April 2011

Saturday 16 April - Chillin' out...

As it was the weekend the plan was to relax by the pool and do very little, which is what we did. I managed to do a bit of tidying up (it's funny how our roles go back to the traditional while on holiday), caught up with some urgent feminine tasks and ironed a pile of clothes. I'm so glad we have a really good washing machine and tumble dryer as when we return from our outings, we are invariably a bit sweaty so everything goes into the washer and dryer and within a couple of hours they're ready to wear again. I will really miss this house when we go home next week. For a start, it's a lot bigger than our house at home, it has wonderful air conditioning and is a lot easier to clean! The fridge and dishwasher are huge and very efficient. There's an identical house up the road for sale for about £175,000...no...don't go there!!

After our day of lolling about and relaxing we went to Walmart and Target at the insistence of the children. Mikey wanted to buy a Playstation game in Walmart which he did, and Sophie wanted to go to Target as she thought they did a great range of clothes, which they didn't. The supermarket itself was huge, spotlessly clean and had everything you would ever need, just the clothes were the same as in our local Tesco. She did buy some make-up, though, and I bought some eye drops for my sore eyes. I think shampoo got into them while I was showering and as far as I was aware I've never seen eyedrops for contact lens wearers in the UK. There was a whole aisle dedicated to solutions - I saw some really pretty lens cases! - and eyedrops, so I might have to make a trip back there before we go home to stock up.

We headed back to the villa and for the first time this holiday really wished we had a little bar to go to for a drink, with a pleasant outlook. We haven't seen anywhere like this so far in Florida, although I know that a restaurant called Bahama Breeze does have a terrace, but it's on International Drive, a fair distance from where we are staying. So it was back to the villa and a drink by the pool before dinner!

No comments: