Monday 18 April 2011

Eating out

Tonight (it's almost 7.30pm here) we're going to The Olive Garden in the hope that we're going to get some veggies. I love American food, don't get me wrong, but at the moment we're all meated out after having ribs, steaks, chicken and burgers. Last night we went to Applebees again and I chose salmon, almost unheard of for me! It was delicious, seared with an orange sauce and served with almond rice and broccoli. Keith went for a rack of ribs and they defeated him so he took half of them home in a box, destined to be eaten by Mikey today for his lunch.

It's been a very lazy day today - perfect for a Sunday - but tomorrow we're off to Clearwater Beach to see the sea. I'm looking forward to seeing a bit more of Florida and seeing the Gulf of Mexico!

2 comments:

kitchen princess said...

I know what yo mean about eating out in the US. I almost cried when I saw broccoli as a side. It was wolfed down before I touched my steak.

Janie said...

The other night we ordered boneless chicken wings as a starter and for some reason they were accompanied by sticks of celery which I fell on with delight! Yummy with a little bit of salt! By the time I'd finished them, the wings had all gone...;)