Friday 29 April 2011

Royal Wedding Day

We watched the Royal Wedding along with millions (billions?) of others and I have to say I was proud of all the ceremonial stuff and felt quite moved when they exchanged their marriage vows. I think I am alone, though, in being a bit disappointed in her dress. I felt it was a little old-fashioned and I expected something more modern. However, it wasn't as creased as Diana's dress when she emerged from the car - I remember being really shocked at that!

After we saw them kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace Keith and I made a start on the garden. We strimmed the front verge which was full of dandelion weeds and sadly, got rid of three plants that were just not doing anything. I won't put anything else in to replace them and I hope that the mass of Hypericum will spread backwards and sidewards to fill the spaces they left. We worked for about two hours and it was pleasantly warm in the sunshine. There was not much going on around the estate so nobody else had planned any street parties!

3 comments:

kitchen princess said...

No street party here. We are mostly a farming community though, so time off is not easy.

Anonymous said...

I personally thought the dress looked beautiful and I think there wasn't too much of it due to trying to keeping the costs down..

I thought it a shame about Dianas dress all creased up Janie,but heard on our local radio station last week that because it was made of silk by the time she had actually got to the altar the creases had dropped out.I did feel like getting my iron out though lol...

Glad you had a good holiday and that you got back safely from your holiday Janie...

Wendyx

Janie said...

I think I'm alone in being disappointed in the dress, Wendy. Everyone I've spoken to has loved it! I did prefer the dress she changed into in the evening so maybe it was the lace putting me off!

Thanks for your good wishes about the holiday! We are most definitely home and back to normal now!