Sunday 3 April 2011

Mothering Sunday

I didn't have a lie-in this morning but I did have some beautiful flowers, chocolates and the new Adele album, which made my day. Keith made me a pancake for breakfast and then we had a lazy morning doing very little. At lunchtime, Sophie and I headed off to Milton Keynes again, to take back Keith's shorts and to buy a few last minute bits. Rather than take the M1 I drove the scenic route via Newport Pagnell and it made a lovely change.

I bought Keith another pair of shorts - he looked ridiculous in the other ones as they were too long and reminded me of Don Estelle in It Ain't Half Hot Mum - and a tee-shirt. I treated myself to some holiday knickers and then we went and had a YooMoo to celebrate Mother's Day.

I took an even longer scenic route on the way home, turning off the main road to Newport Pagnell and driving through Tyringham, Filgrave and Olney. The countryside was stunning and as the weather was a bit changeable it just added to the beauty. Again, I wished I had my camera with me.

Today has been the first day in years that I haven't spent with my mum who went down to Kent with dad to see nan. As we have rather a lot on in the next few weeks we decided to stay at home but they are calling in on their way back so I bought a bottle of Cava to celebrate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"drove the scenic route via Newport Pagnell", never heard Newport Pagnell called that before!! :-p
sws

Janie said...

LOL! The only really scenic thing about Newport Pagnell is the Aston Martin factory! And even then I didn't manage to see one!