Wednesday 27 April 2011

It's the middle of the week!

I must admit I'm a bit confused as to what day it is at the moment. Last night, Keith went to the pub to meet his mate so it seemed like it was a Monday (plus it was my first day back at work). So today should have felt like Tuesday, but it didn't as mum and dad took a much needed break and Keith came into work with me, as he does every Wednesday. However, I called mum this morning to tell her that some parcels had arrived for dad for his model planes and perhaps he'd like them before he went to the club this afternoon?

"He's not going today," she said. "It's Wednesday, not Thursday."

"Oh yes," I replied, "so it is."

What day is it, then? To me it felt very much like Thursday as I didn't do the wages - Friday, as we all know, is a Bank Holiday, because...well, we all know why. Don't get me wrong, I wish them well, but why couldn't they have arranged this wedding in late June or early July so all the Bank Holidays were spaced out evenly? It's such a long time between May and August and then we have nothing, absolutely nothing until Christmas! Pah!

Will I be watching on Friday? I'm not sure. I would like to see the actual wedding ceremony as they stand at the altar and say their vows, but I'm not sure I have the stamina for the build-up and the endless discussions afterwards. I have too much to do at home (the lawn is crying out for some attention) and I really think my time would be better used doing things in the house. The planned street party in our neighbourhood has not happened, mainly because our mother village has put on loads of things so there's no way we can compete, plus if the weather is a bit iffy, as we've been warned, we'd look a bit silly standing out in the rain and pretending that everything is great!

No comments: