Friday 9 July 2010

Return of the heat...

This morning a heatwave weather warning was issued for the South-East with temperatures forecast to be 30c and over...Last night I really thought we were going to have a big storm as the sky clouded over, but it must have passed through us.

Yesterday was a little stressful at work and I'm really looking forward to my week off! Thank goodness today is Friday! I had a pleasant evening, though, and watched a very good film called Stealing Beauty with Liv Tyler and Jeremy Irons. It was set in Tuscany and was beautifully shot. It really made me wish I was there!

It's our Birthday today at work - 16 years ago today we started our business and the time has certainly flown. I didn't even have any children then so a lot has happened since we opened on Saturday 9 July 1994. Maybe we'll buy a cake and have a small glass of bubbly to celebrate!

We're in Stratford tomorrow and I might take the children on a boat ride along the river while Keith has a drink and a natter with his old friend.Let's just hope they enjoy it!

No comments: