Tuesday 6 July 2010

Ikea

At work this morning I suggested to mum that we go to Ikea. We haven't had a jolly in a while and we needed some stuff for work, as well as looking for things for Sophie's bedroom. She agreed, we got important jobs done and then we were off!

Ikea have a 75% sale on at the moment, but we thought the store looked very depleted. Normally I see loads of things I want but today I saw hardly anything. Are they clearing space for new stock? I took some photos of drawers, lamps and pictures for Sophie and bought her a bedspread in the sale. It's a dark lilac colour (Ikea's description) and it went well with the colour on the chest she bought. I also bought five postcard size water colour pictures of New York in exactly the colours she wants. They'll go beautifully in a frame which I wish I'd now bought!

We were back at work in plenty of time but it hasn't been busy today, although we had some dodgy customers in who, to our cynical eyes, were casing the joint...

Back home, the bedpsread looked lovely - all we need to do now is inject more of the same colour with cushions, blinds and pictures.

Mikey has been on a trip to the Black Country  Musuem today and had a great time exploring a mine and seeing what life was like for schoolchildren 100 years ago. As soon as we'd picked him up from school we sat and played cards and Mikey and I shared some reindeer salami that I bought in Ikea. I love the food hall and as well as the spicy meat I also bought some scrummy biscuits and coffee. Delicious!

No comments: