Monday 5 July 2010

Less heat but lots of dust...

I'm praying for rain. The garden is so dry and the scruffy verge of grass on our front garden has given up the ghost and quietly died. I'm fed up with watering plants and long for a couple (just a couple, mind!) of warm wet days to bring the grass back to life. The wind of yesterday has brought down lots of dead leaves from a nearby weeping willow and they've all congregated outside our back door so every time it opens, they all blow in... The beautiful green days of summer have gone, to be replaced with a dusty, tired look. Every now and again it clouds over and I look up hopefully at the sky, but it comes to nothing. The fine drizzle we had on Friday was nothing. I know I'm perverse in asking for some rain, but the gardens really are suffering and I dread to think how much our water bill will be!

We had another school in at work today, but it hasn't been anywhere near as hot as last week, thank goodness. The children were beautifully behaved and when they went we had hardly any mess to clear up, so that was great. I've been limping about today with a painful leg. I think I've pulled a muscle in my calf and it's certainly slowed me up, which wasn't welcome! I walk very quickly (so mum tells me as she pants to keep up) and I hate being in pain when I walk!

No comments: