Monday 26 July 2010

First day of the school hols...

I was awake really early this morning, so having nothing better to do, I went into work and started on the cleaning that had to be done, seeing as our daily cleaner was on holiday. It was a damp, overcast morning with a fine drizzle that was a bit miserable and a lot different to the weather forecast for today which was supposed to be bright sunshine.

Naturally, mum and dad were very pleased I'd made an early start and the rest of the day sped by. We went and had another look at the old gym and decided that we'd better give it a good clean and maybe do some painting so that is planned for tomorrow!

It was bliss to get home and relax and we sneaked off to the pub in the evening for a meal, something that was definitely NOT on the agenda!

2 comments:

Rick Watson said...

Hey Janie, this comment is really about the movie Stealing Beauty.
That is an incredible film.
My wife and I enjoyed it so much tha we bought a copy.
Another movie you might enjoy is
Chocolat.
The cinematography is stunning and the story is great!
I like your blog.

Janie said...

Hello!

I saw Stealing Beauty on TV the other week and like you, I loved it so much, I bought a copy. It's a beautiful film and I couldn't stop thinking about it after I'd seen it.

I've seen Chocolat - I'm a big fan of foreign films, too.

Thanks for your kind comments - I'm a fan of your blog as well - it's very interesting. :)