Tuesday 16 February 2010

Weird weather

I picked mum up at 7.15am this morning as we had to do the cleaning at work which was a pain. On the way in we drove through a dramatic hailstorm that coated the roads and paths and looked like snow. As soon as it began, it stopped and once through Holcot the sky was blue with little fluffy pink clouds. Very strange! I sometimes think that Holcot has its own micro-climate as in the past I've witnessed the village being battered by freak storms and snow.

Today was very busy at work. It took mum and I two hours to do the cleaning and the bacon sandwich dad made us mid-morning was very welcome! Michael limped about and although Keith wanted to take him back home after bringing Sophie in, he decided to stay. Yesterday he twisted his ankle climbing on the steps of the bouncy castle and he's made his discomfort known ever since! He was OK until just after Keith left to go home and then he came into the office crying with pain again. I dosed him up with Calpol, gave him a chocolate milkshake and he spent the rest of the day on mum's computer.

Driving home later we saw what looked like a tornado in the distance - a long spiral of dark cloud almost touching the horizon. We drove after it but it changed shape as we watched and disappeared. It looked like we were in for another storm but not much happened and the sky stayed blue and grey which was very pretty. I cursed myself for not carrying my camera with me to capture it.

So, tomorrow Keith goes into hospital and tonight he cooked us a delicious roast chicken. We stood in the kitchen and chatted and realised that nine years ago today we completed on this house. I still can't believe we've been here this long. Time certainly flies!

No comments: