Wednesday 3 February 2010

Midweek musings...

Today started off very well, so maybe the curse of Wednesdays has been lifted! Keith came into work with me as usual and we managed to get a lot done today, which was good.

After work, mum and dad came around for a drink. They haven't been here for ages so it was great to have a chat and Dad told us about his first job working in a butcher's shop. He cut the top of one of his fingers off but had to work the rest of the day and it wasn't until he got home that his dad took him to hospital on the back of his motorbike. Of course, nowadays, he'd have a month off and get compensation but he had just the one day off before he was back on his push bike delivering meat to the customers with his bad hand strapped to his chest!

We sampled the Talisker and like Liam and I, Dad liked the 18 year old best. For me the Distiller's Edition tasted very smoky while the 18 year old was smooth and sweetish. We talked about buying a bottle a month on an alternate basis which sounds good to me! It's about time I built up my whisky collection!

No comments: