Saturday 20 February 2010

Relaxation

The pressure was certainly off today which was a welcome relief and we had a chance to relax and mooch about the house.

Going to Tesco's was not as stressful as I feared. In fact, it was pretty quiet and Keith and I popped into Costa Coffee for a latte before we hit the aisles. Planning next week's meals was pretty difficult as we didn't know at the time how long Keith would be in hospital. When we arrived home there was a letter for him from the John Radcliffe hospital and reading between the lines, it looks like they will just be having a look at his heart on Monday before deciding on further treatment. He has to be there for 7.45am and I will need to pick him up in the evening so that will be a long day!

The rest of the day has been lovely. The weather has been beautiful but we haven't ventured out as I've been catching up with some jobs that have been left because of our busy week. One thing I managed to do was brush Archie's coat which was a bit matted. He didn't like it one bit and hissed and growled at us, but it had to be done and I even had to take the clippers to him as some bits of fur were very matted and I couldn't comb them out at all. We had to appease him with cheese but even that didn't work at times! He's such a scruffy cat and so totally different from Monty who is immaculately clean and tidy. I haven't really finished him and his bottom is a no-go area at the moment, but I don't want to have to take him to the vet to get it done.

A letter from Althorp put a huge smile on my face today, though...Bill Bryson will be at the Literary festival in June! Tickets go on sale in April so I can't wait for that! What a treat to look forward to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janie,

Sorry to hear about your hubby's health problems and hope that all gets sorted soon and he is once again back to being healthier.

I have two brothers who have had the same procedures done as your Keith so now how you all feel.

Chin up and my thoughts and prayers go out to you...

PS.This latest lot of snow we have today woken up to doesn't help either...

Janie said...

Thank you very much - we're hoping that he will soon be a new man!

No, the snow was a shock today! I wasn't expecting that!

Have a good week!

janie :)