Wednesday 24 February 2010

A bit quieter!

Well, things have quietened down now in our household and have returned to normal! Nothing much happened yesterday except for a fresh snowfall in the afternoon which carried on into the evening, but turned to rain.

Sue came around while Keith and I were having a game of cards, all tanned and refreshed from her trip to the Maldives. Ironically, they were both worried about the trip home and a tight connection but it was the outward flight from Dohar they missed due to a technical problem with their plane from Heathrow...typical! To thank me for looking after the house, she brought me some beautiful flowers and gorgeous smelly candles! I was delighted!

Keith came to work with me today, giving mum and dad a well-earned rest from work. I told them to stay away today and go and relax, so I hope they have. Keith went to the Britannia pub at lunchtime to meet some old workfriends. They were due to meet in December but had to cancel when Keith had his first stent fitted so I'm sure the conversation will be full of his op and also B&D talk. As I write they are still there and I'm just waiting for a phonecall to go and pick him up!

Today we booked a ferry to France for Saturday and an overnight stay in Dover as a treat to ourselves. We need some wine and we have 150 euros left over from our break in Berlin so that will buy a few bottles! I'm going to take Keith to Arras for lunch as I loved it there when I visited with my parents and Sophie back in 2008. I'm just hoping the weather will be kind and not snow or be windy!

No comments: