Friday 12 February 2010

Busy day!

Well, after a good night's sleep, I felt a lot better this morning and by lunchtime, the pain in my hip had gone. Maybe exercise is the thing as I was on my feet for most of the day as we were very busy at work. Half term has obviously started early!

I planned to go home and watch The Philadelphia Story and that's what I did while Sophie plaited my hair into lots of little plaits! It was very relaxing and a great end to a busy day.

I'm really enjoying the films at the moment. It's lovely to curl up on the sofa and be transported somewhere else for a short time. I'll always be a fan of the old black and white movies and feel really sad that most of the actors and actresses are now dead. However, they'll always live on through film. I started watching the classics about two years ago as I was ashamed I'd seen so few "good" films. Some I loved - Mrs Miniver, The African Queen, Notorious and some I didn't like - Casablanca, Withnail and I, Scarface. I hate violent films but I do love the Godfather series for some reason, probably because of Al Pacino!

Of course, my favourite is and will always be It's A Wonderful Life. I can watch it over and over again and I cry each time. Even thinking about it makes me well up! They certainly don't make them like that any more!

Favourite quote from It's A Wonderful Life...

"You see George, you've really had a wonderful life. Don't you see what a mistake it would be to just throw it away" (Clarence to George Bailey)

Excuse me for a minute while I go and have a cry...;)

No comments: