Friday 19 February 2010

Almost back to normal?

Never has the saying "Thank God it's Friday" been more apt! It has been a long and eventful week and today we had a layer of snow that, amazingly, did not cause any disruption to the business! I arrived early with mum and dad and put some salt down on the entrance but within a few hours the snow was melting anyway and we saw blue skies and sunshine which was a welcome relief.

Keith stayed at home with the children and it was lovely for them to have a day off and spend some time together. They really missed their dad for the short time he was away.

So today has been like a normal Friday which is good. I'm hoping we'll have a relaxing weekend before it all starts again on Monday. The weather forecast is for snow, and I just hope we have a good run down to Oxford without any problems. Both children have Monday off school as it's a Training Day but I think mum will come around at 6am to get them up and then take them into work. I was really hoping all this would be over but never mind. The important thing is to get Keith sorted.

Just after I arrived home this afternoon, it started snowing again. The sky went a funny orangey colour and the snowflakes were huge! I stood and watched them fall and they reminded me of scraps of paper falling from the sky. It went on for about two hours and then stopped and I'm not sure whether we'll have any more before tomorrow. I hope not as I really don't want to go into work in the morning and try and clear the car park again!!

Tomorrow I have booked a lie-in before my trip to Tesco!

2 comments:

SWS said...

Lovely blog today Jane.

Janie said...

Thank you sws!