Today was my first day at work without Sheila, so I was a little nervous. Our Fitness Manager, Charlie, came into the office to do some printing, and she looked a little fed up, saying she used to work at another leisure centre and it was totally different to how it was with us. She said, like me, she felt overwhelmed with the workload. I think the problem is that the staff are still getting the hang of things and have either been moved over from my old company or are brand new, like me. We are all in the same boat!
I was very busy all day but felt like I'd done OK without Sheila. I have to say that I do miss my old colleagues, though, and the chats we used to have!
When Sophie came home, she went up to get changed, and I heard her exclaim loudly that she'd lost the ring on her little finger. It was the one she'd bought in L'Escala, and she was devastated. We looked everywhere: in her bedroom, throughout the house, in her car and on the driveway, but her ring was nowhere to be found. She'd had a bad day at work, and this was the final straw. She was worried she'd lost it in Waitrose when she popped in on her way home.
It made for a despondent evening. After dinner, we watched a Panorama documentary on 9/11 (surely I don't need to remind anyone it's the 25th Anniversary of the atrocity this Friday) and the connection between Saudi Arabia and the attack. How can it have been 25 years ago? I remember exactly where I was when it happened - on my way to collect Sophie from school - and we all watched with horror the events that unfolded.
Before going to bed, I reassured Sophie that the ring would turn up... watch this space!
No comments:
Post a Comment