Tuesday, 29 September 2026

Bombarded!

To my delight, Sheila came to see me at work this morning after an early morning swim. We hugged, and I told her about my woes from yesterday. She sympathised with me, and we sat with a hot drink and a Northumberland biscuit while having a chat. She wanted to know what I'd put aside for her to do tomorrow, and I was grateful that she was in to take over for a day!

The rest of the shift went quickly, and it was great to go home at 4:00pm and catch up with Sophie, who had been working all day at home, but had managed to escape at lunchtime to take the cats for a walk! How lovely!

Sophie and a delighted Gomez

She told me all about them and how they had been at the house for most of the day, clearly happy that Sophie was at home! I think they missed us last weekend, even though they would never admit it!

The courtesy car had been picked up today, and I had been inundated with texts and calls from various companies (the repair people, Cinch), including the care home, which said that Mum had taken a tumble and hit her head. They called for an ambulance, and when the paramedics arrived, they decided to take her to A&E as her blood pressure was low. I was dismayed by this news, as I really don't want her to go to the hospital. They said they were going to do some tests and then hopefully take her straight back. This was just another thing to worry about, but at 11:00pm they rang to say she was home, which was a huge relief. I am planning on visiting her tomorrow after we have sorted the car out. I'm just hoping it will all turn out to be OK!

No comments: