Wednesday, 9 September 2026

Garden toil!

Sophie was working from home today, and it was lovely to have her in the house while I was off. We sat and had a coffee in the kitchen before I started work in the garden. I wanted to rake up all the leaves that had fallen, clear the small area by the fence in preparation for putting some gravel down and a bench, and just tidy up everything.

Keith came out to join me, and together we worked hard. I raked up loads of leaves, took some more ivy down from the fence and asked Keith to cut down a bush that had clearly suffered in the drought we had. He managed to cut it all away, and we put all the prunings into our big sack and made an appointment for the tip.

While we were sitting having a coffee that Sophie had made for us, we were joined by a young robin who certainly knew that we were clearing the soil so he could find worms! When Mooney came out, he eyed the bird with lots of interest and kept "chirruping". I warned him not to touch the bird! He had already caught one earlier today that had got into the living room!

Ready for gravel and a bench to enjoy the sunshine!

Toiling away!

Some plants never made it over our hot and dry summer

Remarkably, the grass has sprung back after the lack of rain, but I will need to put the grass seed down next week after we've had more showers.


Crouching jaguar watching the birdies!

Keith and I went to the tip, heaved the huge bag into the garden waste skip and returned home to have sandwiches for lunch. We then hoovered out Sophie's car, I hoovered downstairs and peeled some more vegetables for dinner. It had been a busy morning and early afternoon!

I called the care home to let them know I'd go and see my Mum tomorrow, as I had run out of time this afternoon. I wanted to get the garden tidied, and we were pleased it looked so much better!

No comments: