It's been another gorgeous day today, with warm sunshine and a gentle breeze, so perfect for getting the laundry dry outside. Sophie and I sat outside for a while, and I despaired at the state of the garden. There is so much to do in the house at the moment that I don't know where to start! When I'm off next Wednesday, I will try to get everything tidied up! At least the grass has perked up after the drought!
We had tickets for a show tonight: Sam Campbell's Kid Giblet Tour at Milton Keynes Theatre. We set off at 6:00pm and took Olive on the M1, as it was the fastest route. We parked easily near the theatre and went up to the Circle Bar for a drink and a tub of popcorn. I hadn't eaten much today, so I was hungry, but I wasn't sure that popcorn was the best thing to eat, as it was full of air!
We sat and watched the theatre fill up with people and enjoyed a spot of people-watching. Just before 7:30pm, we went back down to the stalls entrance and found our seats right in the middle of a row. We had a good view, though, and there were various props on the stage, some of which made no sense and weren't even used in the show!
Sophie and I had enjoyed the last show we saw in Leicester, but unfortunately, tonight was not so enjoyable and was very silly. Some bits were funny, and we laughed, but we didn't find Sam Campbell as hilarious as last time. He had a bearded man on stage with him, who was supposed to be his IT support, but he wasn't funny, either. In the interval, we were able to order a bottle of water and ice creams and have them delivered to our seats! How decadent!
In the second half, a woman who had pretended to be an usher appeared and was on stage for a while telling jokes. When Sam Campbell reappeared, he asked everyone to add up their phone number, and anyone who scored over 59 had to go onto the stage! I didn't add mine up, but even if it had been over that number, there was no way I would have appeared on the stage! He spoke to everyone, and there were lots of people, with two winners who scored the highest. I'm not really sure what the point of it was, to be honest. Then they all threw yellow rubber gloves at the audience. Yes, it was that kind of show...
At the end, when we all thought the show was over, he came back on with two of the people who had appeared with him, and they wore weird hats with what looked like sausages sticking out of them, and pranced about the stage. It was a relief when it was actually over, and we could go home!
No comments:
Post a Comment