Friday, 18 September 2026

Feeling a little sad...

My heart sank when Liam arrived at 8:00am this morning, but he was very well-behaved and quiet all day! We had a chat about cars, so it was good to have some company. I do miss my former colleagues and the little chats we used to have!

At lunchtime, just as I was about to have something to eat, I had a Teams meeting with Kally, who looks after all the managers in the area. She wanted to show me about taking cash, but most of it went over my head! I learn by doing, not by looking, so I felt a bit deflated in the afternoon. I go from one day enjoying the job to the next wishing I was doing something else, which is very tiring for my family, and this impacted our Friday evening and set the tone for the weekend, unfortunately.

I realised, almost like an epiphany, that I haven't really enjoyed any job I've done, even when I was working with my parents! I was happy for the most part when I worked at the same location with my old company, but there were still days when I walked out, determined to look for something else! It's definitely me! I envy people who love their job and don't see it as work!

So, Friday evening was a bit subdued and the plan to watch What Lies Beneath, starring Harrison Ford and Michelle Pfeiffer, was put on hold. We plonked a tray of Tesco curries into the oven and drank a Picpoul de Pinet. After dinner, we caught a couple of episodes of Top of the Pops from the 80s, so that made us smile!

No comments: