We woke up to rain steadily falling out of a grey sky this morning, which wasn't good news for Sophie as she was taking part in a 10K run at Holdenby House. She set off at 8:00am while I relaxed with a coffee in the dry!
We had arranged to meet her at 10:45am at The Red Barn Café near Spratton for breakfast. I kept in touch with her throughout her run, and she said she'd twisted her ankle as the ground she was running on was uneven and slippery in places because of the rain.
She collected her medal at the end and enjoyed a free bottle of apple juice to celebrate! We drove over to Spratton to meet her, and arrived at the café a few minutes before her. We were seated by one of the pleasant staff who changed our table because of an influx of flies! I certainly didn't want them bothering us as we ate our breakfast!
Sophie arrived looking wet, muddy and sweaty, and we congratulated her on her achievement. Before long, she'll be doing the London Marathon! We had a good look at the menu, choosing sausage and bacon rolls, and a bowl of granola and compote for Sophie. She and Keith had tea while I opted for a flat white, one of the smallest I've ever had!
We enjoyed our breakfast, but I'm not sure we'll venture back. Keith said his bap was greasy, and I did feel queasy myself after eating. The café was noisy and felt just a little grubby to me. It had good reviews and it was great to try somewhere new, and I didn't even know it existed!
Back home, we pottered about, and Sophie put her trainers into the washing machine to wash. Her ankle had swelled up, so she wasn't happy about that, especially as next week she's at a trade show in Birmingham and will be on her feet for two days. I put some grass seed down on the back lawn, but it's so bald I used it all up and had to order some more! With the sunshine and rain showers today, it should do well!
Sophie had a lovely hot shower, and we went to see my Mum for an hour. We took her down to the lounge for a change and chatted to her, as well as showing her some photos on our phones. Sophie's foot began to hurt, so we returned home to relax, and after Keith had watched the football, I switched on Saturday Morning Kitchen, not really the best of programmes to watch on a Sunday evening when the weekend was over!
No comments:
Post a Comment