Sophie was off to Birmingham this morning to attend her yearly trade show, so Keith and I dropped her at the station before heading home to tackle the usual Wednesday chores. I was determined to find out what was happening with the car today, as it's now been three weeks since the accident, and I've had no news from either the insurance company or the garage about the repair.
I wish now I hadn't bothered. When I finally got through to the claims department, I was told the car was a "total loss" and that the garage had been sent the information on the 7th of September, over a week ago! I was very upset, as I honestly thought we would get the VW back. I now have to look for a new car, with all the hassle that comes with it. I was going to replace the car in the new year, but now I've been forced to do it!
The man I spoke to said that the specialist department dealing with a total loss would contact me next week, but in the meantime to look at valuations myself for the car, so I was prepared. My morning was therefore taken up with dealing with this and cleaning the conservatory, as Kym was due to come and see to our feet just after lunchtime. The hoover was making a strange noise, and when I looked at the brush, I could see it was jammed with hair! I then spent half an hour cutting it all out. In the end, there was enough for a new wig for Sophie or me! What a delightful morning!
Kym arrived at about 1:30pm and showed me photos of her wedding, which had taken place the day Sophie and I drove to Bergerac. She looked stunning in the photos, and it was lovely to chat about her day.
So, Keith and I have some big decisions to make in the next few months. We need a new car, and the en-suite bathroom is still awaiting a renovation as well. I feel we're in a bit of a slump at the moment, to be honest. Sophie is still hobbling about on her swollen ankle, and although our problems are little niggles, and nothing major, it feels like there is a steady drip, drip of issues happening that we could definitely do without!
Sophie's train arrived back in Northampton at just past 6:00pm, so we drove to collect her, and she'd had an exhausting day and was not in the best of moods! We bustled about doing the dinner as soon as we got home, and she had a drink to relax! I did too!
No comments:
Post a Comment