Sunday 17 August 2014

Yetserday...again!

Today has been like a carbon copy of yesterday!

We once again dropped Sophie off at work at 11am and then we drove down to Pitsford and parked the car on the causeway. We'd had rain and gloomy mist early this morning but the sky had cleared and the sun had come out so people were starting to arrive for their walks and cyles.

This morning we walked the other half of the Nature Reserve back home and I much preferred this side - it was more shaded and woody - and we did see a squirrel and a rabbit!





Back home we sped back down to the causeway to pick up my car and then drove over to Tesco again to fill it up with diesel as tomorrow we're off to Norfolk to Mikey's Army Camp Open Day. This time, though, we didn't come across any tractors!

We also dropped off the Mini and I gave Mum and Dad a bottle of wine to say thank you for letting us borrow it for the last few weeks. When we come back from our holiday we'll need to make a decision as to what car we're going to buy for Sophie and Keith to share!

My daughter called and asked to be picked up at 2.30pm again but this time we drove off to one of the Retail parks on the edge of Northampton as I needed to buy a birthday present for my friend Lynda who will be 60 on Tuesday. She's taking a small group of us out for a meal so I'm looking forward to that. Next week is going to be very hectic!

We treated ourselves to a chocolate Frappucino at Starbucks before going to BHS and then Homesense. I wasn't in the mood for buying anything for my home at all (not with the holiday looming) so we had a quick look at the things on offer in both shops then went home.

After a delicious casserole for dinner I had a very relaxing evening - I'm gearing myself up for the busyness of next week!

No comments: